Friday, August 7, 2009

Our School Plans for 2009-2010

2009-2010 School Year

We will be starting our new school year officially on Monday and I actually think my kids are excited! Mind you learning for us really never ends, we just disguise it as fun! This summer I have been amazed at how many times my kids have initiated the learning! Whether it was playing school or writing letters to friends or just plain reading books they have been learning all summer long! I have been a very proud Mom! Anyway our plans for this school year are as follows!

My oldest Daughter
3 rd grade this year
For 5 subjects she will be using Switched on Schoolhouse
We will also try to do some art and lapbooking along side for fun and to break the routine a bit.

My youngest daughter
1st grade this year
For Math, Phonics and Handwriting she will be using Horizon's
We will do lots of playing games and lapbooks too!
Also we are going to use Hooked on Phonics to learn to read this year! She is very excited about learning to read!

So that is our plans for this school year! Pray for us that we stick to the plans and accomplish what we need to get done!

4 comments:

debbie said...

hi!!
have a fun year!!

debbie
http://www.thehomeschoollounge.com/profile/debbie31

debbie said...

hi!
have a great year!!! great blog!

debbie
http://www.thehomeschoollounge.com/profile/debbie31

Angie said...

Thanks Debbie for the comment! I need to make this post more interesting! lol I think I will add some pictures! :) Thanks for stopping by and I love your blog as well!

Rana said...

It sounds like a good plan for the year.