Monday, May 11, 2009

Critical Thinking


We had the privilege of reviewing 2 book from The Critical Thinking Co. Building Thinking Skills Primary grades K-1 and Level 1 for grades 2-3. We have enjoyed using the books in our homeschool day! The workbook pages are very colorful and easy to understand in the directions as well.

The Level 1 book covers....
  • Logical Thinking
  • Similarities & Differences
  • Sequences
  • Classifications
  • Analogies
  • Antonyms & Synonyms
  • Spatial Awareness
  • Vocabulary Development
  • Following and Writing Directions
  • Descriptive Writing
  • Geometry Concepts
  • Map Reading
  • Graphic Organizers
  • and much more!

    My oldest has learned a lot about following directions since using this workbook. She can pretty much read the instructions and do these worksheets without help. That makes my job a lot easier and gives me more time to work with my youngest! So I love that!

You can see samples here!



The Primary book covers....
  • Similarities and Differences
  • Writing Skills
  • Vocabulary
  • Classifying
  • Describing
  • Analogies
  • Occupations/Vehicles/Buildings
  • Plants and Animals
  • Family Members
  • Number Sense
  • Geometry
  • Much MORE!

See Samples here!

I love this workbook so much! There is so much that my youngest has learned from this one! The Primary book covers so much information! Of course it is meant to be a year long process so it isn't too overwhelming. It is easy to explain and fun for my daughter to do. She has enjoyed doing the work in this book! The only thing that I don't care for is that the pages are not perforated. Several people suggested taking the book to an office store and having the binding cut off and holes punched for a notebook. I don't live in a location for that, so I just tore mine out of the book. Then decided to just keep them in the book. So that is the only issue that I have with the books.

Overall, we loved the Critical Thinking Books and would highly recommend them for anyone who likes to use workbooks in their homeschool day! They have even more books and other learning tools available at The Critical Thinking Co. Go and check them out today!

You can also read a lot more reviews for The Critical Thinking Co. at the Homeschool Crew! Just go here!

No comments: