Monday, March 2, 2009

Five In A Row


I had heard about Five in a Row for a long time! Online in my groups people had talked about using it, but I had a hard time finding it in my local library. So I went in search on ebay to find a book. Well not really understanding the concept I bought a book that was a Christian Supplement to the Five in a Row books! Which didn't help me at all. That is why I now recomend the Five in a Row site! So I filed it away and kept my eyes open! I wanted to try it, but didn't know when. So when I found out that we would get to review it for the TOS homeschool crew I was so excited! We were given to the chance to try Volume 3! So again I was on a search to find the books that go with this volume. I was sad as my local library had NONE! So I went to the library in the next town only to be even more disappointed that they didn't have the books either! So as a last ditch effort I went to ebay and yes!!!! I found the books! I didn't really want to buy my books, but I did find 2 that I wanted to try and bought them! We have completed one so far and we absolutely love it! "The Bee Tree" by Patricia Polacco We had so much fun doing this book! My kids made a bee lapbook to go along with the theme and it was so much fun! I love the concept of Five in a Row books! To take a book and learn about all the different subjects related to the book! It is perfect for my 5 and 7 year old girls! It is the perfect hands on learning that fits our family! Thanks to Five in a Row for letting us review your product and now that I know where to buy them, I will be shopping your site! Want to go there check it out here!



Volume 3:


The Bee Tree by Patricia Polacco
Andy and the Circus by Ellis Credle
The Wild Horses of Sweetbriar by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ill. by Ted Rand
Henry the Castaway by Mark Taylor
The Finest Horse in Town by Jacqueline Briggs Martin
Truman's Aunt Farm by Jama Kim Rattigan
The Duchess Bakes a Cake by Virginia Kahl
Andy and the Lion by James Daugherty
Daniel's Duck by Clyde Robert Bulla
Warm as Wool by Scott Russell Sanders
The Salamander Room by Anne Mazer
Climbing Kansas Mountains by George Shannon
Amber on the Mountain by Tony Johnston
Little Nino's Pizzeria by Karen Barbour

No comments: