Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All About Spelling



Are you a good speller? Or has spelling always been a struggle for you? Maybe spell check is your best friend! What about your children? Are they following in your footsteps? How did you learn to spell? Get a list on Monday and have a test on Friday! That is how I learned and honestly, that is how I have been teaching my daughter! Well, All About Spelling is different! In fact it is so different that when we first tried it, my oldest daughter didn't like the change in our plans. She loves having a list and having her test on Friday! So we did go back and continue to do that! I don't want to stop her love for learning. I do love the All About Spelling way of doing things though and plan to continue using it in our school day. Just with a few adjustments to meet my families needs. Which is very workable!

This program not only helps your children to learn to spell, but also to learn to read better! My oldest is doing so much better with her reading since we have started All About Spelling!
The All About Spelling program teaches all the phonic sounds and using those sounds teaches your child how to spell. The books come with magnetic letter tiles and word cards. Ours had to be all cut out, but the company has decided to make yours perforated to make it so much easier! If you have more than one child that will be using the curriculum, you need to purchase additional sets of letter tiles and cards as they each need to have a set. Also a magnetic board is also helpful. We are currently using the side of our refrigerator, but as soon as I can I will be purchasing a magnetic board to use. It also comes with a CD-Rom to teach your children the correct sounds for each letter. I don't know about you, but this is so wonderful. I have always worried that I was not saying the sounds correctly as I taught my children. This eliminates the risk of that.
I have to tell you that I was so impressed with this program and the company itself. They have wonderful customer service and a friendly staff. You will not be disappointed with the program or the company! Now you will find lots of other things at All About Spelling too! Go to the website and check it out for yourself. Also if you would like to read other reviews of this item check out the TOS Homeschool Crew's reviews here!

No comments: