Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rime to Read


Rime to Read


A learning to read program! One that you can print or read books online! With the online version your child can click on highlighted words and have them sounded out for them. This is a new feature for Rime to Read and it really works. My youngest is just starting to learn about her letters and how they make words. So we sat down at the computer and read a few of the books online. She was amazed that she could read letters and make words. She has a long way to go to be a reader, but I was happy that she liked the books. I personally thought they were a bit plain. I remember though when my oldest started reading how she would guess what the words were by the pictures and what she saw there. I wished sometimes that there wasn't so many pictures and she could concentrate on the words, so that is what Rime to Read does. Less pictures and more words. I am excited to continue it with my youngest and to see her progress with the books.



So do you want to know more about Rime to Read.... well you can. They have a great website with a lot more information and you can view the first book FREE! If you decide to buy the books the cost for all 20 books is $44.99 or you can purchase them in 4 book sets at $9.99. The books are printable so you can use them over and over again. Once you purchase the books you have access to read them online as many times as you want. So you can use them with your younger children too. So go the website and check it out for yourself. I would like to say thank you to Rime to Read for allowing us the opportunity to try your site and have access to these books. They will be beneficial to my daughter learning to read and learning to read well!

No comments: