Thursday, October 2, 2008

Are you looking for new ways to "Help me to teach?"

As I stated in a previous post, I am now a part of The Old Schoolhouse Crew! So this is our first Voyage of reviewing a product. We were given the great opportunity to review "Help me to teach" website. I would like to share with you some details of the site as we begin our trip.

So let me tell you what Help me to teach is. Basically, it is a search engine that allows you access to other websites on the web that are only related to Homeschool and Homeschooling needs. There is a search bar where you can type in a word or words of things you are looking for and it takes you to sites that fit that description. Sounds like what you can find online already, right? Well not really! The main difference being that you don't get all the junk that you get with most free search engines. Basically the people at Help me to Teach have taken the search out of searching for you. Every site is Homeschool related and coded for age appropriateness.

Here are the groups that your searches are put into....

P. Primary - Pre-K-2nd grade
E. Elementary - grades 2-5
S. Secondary - grades 6-12
T. Teacher or Supervising Student

Each site has these codes so you know before going to the site if it will be age appropriate for your Homeschooler.

So I know what you are asking..... so what does it cost??

Well, let me tell you!

3 Days: $4.95
1 Month: $9.95
3 Months: $15.95
12 Months: $29.95

Payments can be made using Paypal and Authorize Net

Let me say, I am a search junkie! lol Really, I find myself always searching online for new sites that are Homeschool related! I have so many sites saved in my favorites. You would be shocked! So when I realized what we were going to review, I thought this isn't going to justify paying money for. When I can go on my favorite search engine and find sites all for free. Well, I told myself I have to give this a chance. So I did, I went to the site several times and went to different categories, which by the way there are 23! Now my opinion, I really don't see myself paying for the service. Now, if you have a hard time finding things online and need extra help this is the site for you! If you have children doing searches for Homeschool related things, this may be a great site for you! You can try it for as little as 3 days for just $4.95! I personally think I have more important places to put my Homeschool money.

Decide for yourself go to the site and check it out! http://www.helpme2teach.com

Be sure to keep checking back here for more great reviews! Also, you can go to the Homeschool Crew's site and see the other Crew members reviews of this product!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh darling, I think ya need to change that "not" a part of the crew to "now" you are a part! Oops! Glad you are at that! Welcome to the TOS Crew and nice review! Blessings, Sheri

Angie said...

I changed that once, must have forgot to hit save. Thanks for pointing it out. :) Angie

TOSHeidi said...

Great thoughts on this website, Angie. Wasn't doing your first Homeschool Crew review fun?!

Jsouthern93 said...

Hey "Crew" Mate!! Good job on your review!!! I have yet to write my review for this one, it was great to read yours!! We sure are going to have fun on our adventure.

Jennifer
www.homeschoolblogger.com/creativelearners/

Kristenph said...

I'm checking out some of the Helpme2teach reviews before I write mine! Nice job.