Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Learning Tools I created





I wanted something for my girls to use to learn the books of the bible, so I made the board with all the books. One side is old testament and the other side is the new testament. I used double stick tape and it works so good with the cheap tablecloth background. The other thing I made is a beehive and bee's, the patterns came from Danielle's site. The first four lessons are free. I paid the $12.95 for the rest of the alphabet. She has some really neat ideas for lessons. Anyway, what I did with the beehive and bee's is one side is my 2nd graders spelling words and the other side is my Kindergarteners numbers for counting. Also plan on doing some math with those. We have played many games already with it. With my oldest we added the bees to the hive as she could spell them, she loved it. My youngest loves just counting them and putting them on the hive.

3 comments:

Pitts Family said...

What a great idea.. thanks for sharing this.. I wanted to stop by and say hello to another fellow TOS crew member.. Looking forward to working with you this year!

Angie said...

Glad you stopped by! I have been trying to visit other blogs for the crew also. Wish I knew yours, will have to look for your name on the list. :) Angie

Cindy said...

Hello, Angie! I like the boards you made for the books of the Bible. I'm planning to teach my Keepers of the Faith kids the books of the Bible this fall, and I may use your idea of putting them on a board.

By the way, I used to live in west Tennessee up until 2006!